Re: GtkCanvas requirements?

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

[snip]

[Side note... at this point I think doing a canvas in C is a big
mistake.  Interesting canvases will inevitably get cycles in the pointer
graph, and reference counting becomes just too painful then.  [This is
irrelevant to .net or whatever; it's a general We Should Stop Writing
Nontrivial Shit In C thing.  People would be really really happy with
the Piccolo.NET API implemented with pygtk or gtk-sharp.]]
Only mono (python) people would be happy with whatever implemented
in gtk-sharp (python). If it's not C, then everybody implements same
thing in their favorite language. Unfortunately, "it is just hard to
implement so we use that one" works only if "that one" is written in
C. Even if you forget about problems of interoperability between
different languages (some bindings do work two ways, e.g. pygtk;
some don't, e.g. gtkmm).
So while it's good to write something totally good in C# (and same thing
about python, vala, C++, and lisp), it's totally useless as "GTK canvas".

Best regards,
Yevgen