Re: GtkCanvas requirements?

Am Samstag, den 21.04.2007, 10:30 -0500 schrieb Federico Mena Quintero:
> [Side note... at this point I think doing a canvas in C is a big
> mistake.  Interesting canvases will inevitably get cycles in the pointer
> graph, and reference counting becomes just too painful then.  [This is
> irrelevant to .net or whatever; it's a general We Should Stop Writing
> Nontrivial Shit In C thing.  People would be really really happy with
> the Piccolo.NET API implemented with pygtk or gtk-sharp.]]

I'd rather consider using Vala in that case: It gives you a highlevel
syntax for the GObject system, whilest generating native, binding
friendly code. GNOME avoids using high-level languages for libraries
for good reason: Bindings and politics.

Used it for toying with some document model for printing [1] and expect
for minor bugs in Vala's code generator, which where resolved quickly,
vala worked pretty well for me in creating a native GObject library.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/