GooCanvas 0.8 available

Hi,

I've put GooCanvas 0.8 up on sourceforge:
  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173653

GooCanvas is a cairo-based canvas widget for GTK+.

I want to freeze the API soon, so now is the time to discuss any
problems with it.

GooCanvas Features:

 o Optional model/view split.
 o Uses interfaces for items & views.
 o Basic items - rect/ellipse/polyline/text/image/group.
 o Path item, using SVG path specification strings.
 o Table item for layout of other items (similar to the GtkTable
   widget). (This also supports items whose requested height changes
   according to their allocated width, such as text items.)
 o Embedded GTK+ widgets.
 o Layers/stacking order with raise/lower functions.
 o Cascading styles - line width/style/dashes, colors, fill patterns.
 o Affine transformations for all items - rotations/scales/skews.
 o Clip paths to support clipping items.
 o Event handling - button/motion events, "pointer-events" property like
   SVG.
 o Grabs - support for pointer & keyboard grabs.
 o Keyboard focus traversal.
 o Accessibility (item title & description properties and hierarchy
   stuff).
 o Printing (output to a given cairo_t).
 o Scrolling.
 o Zooming.
 o Item visibility setting - on/off/above zoom threshold.
 o Simple animation.
 o Scalable - support for thousands of items over a large canvas area.
 o Support for different units - pixels/points/inches/millimeters.
 o API docs.

GooCanvas 0.8   (Apr 3 2007)
=============

 o Added support for "width-for-height" layout - items whose requested
   height changes according to their allocated width (typically text
   items).
 o Added "background-color" and "background-color-rgb" properties to
   GooCanvas.
 o Added "ellipsize" property to GooCanvasText.
 o Added goo_canvas_item_remove() and goo_canvas_item_model_remove()
   convenience functions to remove an item or model from the canvas.
 o Fixed bug removing widget items.
 o Fixed bug which meant that the fill pattern couldn't be reset to
   NULL.
 o Fixed the item event signals, so that returning TRUE from a handler
   stops the signal emission.
 o Added a few things that will be needed to support tooltips, when GTK+
   2.12 is available. (Though I don't want to depend on GTK+ 2.12 yet.)
 o Added "const" to arguments, where appropriate.

Damon