Re: gtk_widget_set_extension_events() is ignoring internal/input-only windows

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:29 +0200, ext Tim Janik wrote:
> well, instead of hacking *every* widget realize function, you could have
> written a simple loop that walks all GdkWindow children of widget->window
> recursively and applies extension events as long as gdk_window_get_user_data()
> == widget.

Probably because I'm stupid and it didn't occur to me. Thanks.

> it seems however that you only do this to get at stylus events on the
> maemo platform. wouldn't it be easier there to simply auto-enable those
> events at the Gdk level?

Possibly. Though each window seems to add to the overhead (every window
for which extended events is enabled is added to a linked list)  I
figured it's good enough if gtk_widget_set_extension_events() works as
expected.

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <tommi komulainen nokia com>