gspawn(-win32): why helper?

Hi,

when glib spawns processes it starts a helper process first which
itself then starts the wanted process.

I've studied the gspawn(-win32).c and the win32 helper code, too,
however, I simply don't understand the need of the helper process. :-/

If made some tests with the Windows' _spawn*() and CloseHandle()
functions (not with linux yet), and it seems to me that

a) if I launch a synchronous process -- then I even don't get a handle
in my hands to close, so there is no way to eventually make it become a
zombie,

b) if I launch an asynchronous process and the user doesn't want to
care for the pid handle -- then I can close the handle directly after
spawning.

So, in both cases no need for an intermediate process?

Thanks.

Felix