=?gb2312?B?tPC4tDogd2h5IG5vdCBlbXB0eSB0aGUgc2NyYXRjaCBpbWFnZSB3aGVuIGY=?= =?gb2312?B?bHVzaF9hbGxfZGlzcGxheXM=?=

XFlush will just flush the buffers, while XSync will also get a reply from server, besides flushing the buffers. XSync would cause a "round trip", and be slower over network. We use XSync before recycling Scratch images, so that we could be sure that all drawing operations on the shared XImage/Pixmap were finished. Is that right?

--Jianjun