dnd animation

Hi,

I hope this is the right list to ask my question.

I have a treeview and I'd like to give the possibility to the user to remove files from it by dragging them out of the treeview.

The problem is that when a file is dragged out of a widget and the destination widget is not accepting the target (which is always the case here) there is this animation that shows the treeview row "flying back" from the mouse pointer to its original place. Then only do I get my file removed since ::drag-end is then called. So is there a way to "turn off" this animation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Philippe Rouquier