Re: Problem with preview and the blocking print dialog
- From: Yevgen Muntyan <muntyan tamu edu>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Problem with preview and the blocking print dialog
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:48:52 -0500
Alexander Larsson wrote:
I think the best way to do this is to rely on an external helper. For a
couple of reasons:
* Running something as complicated as a document viewer in the same
process as the application scares me for stability reasons. Its easy for
a bug in the viewer to bring the whole app down, or to affect it badly.
* Writing a good viewer is hard. Its not just about rendering the
metafile to a window and adding next/prev buttons. The people working on
evince have learnt this, and they have created a very nice viewer. This
would just be a massive amount of duplicative work.
But who needs a good viewer? Doesn't preview in gnomeprint
work well enough? Preview is needed to get the user the idea
of what he will have on paper (like will content fit on the page
or he needs to change margins, or something), but it doesn't
have to be of super good quality.
] [Thread Prev