Re: [RFC] Simple file monitoring API for GLib

On 5/9/06, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 22:44 +0200, Nicolas Collignon wrote:

> Why not simply use a flags mask.

Because if you need a really fine grained check you're better of with
gnome-vfs.

Really, the point is a *simple* file monitoring API.  Unless, of course,
you want to get gnome-vfs and check/audit it and propose it for a shift
in the GNOME stack.

Hi,
I understand this is intented for simple file monitoring but I think
it's not a big code addition and will provide features that will
certainly be used *soon* .
Anyway even if not using fine grained events, we can always use a
flags mask instead of an enum to enable multiple watch with 1 GSource.

bye

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--