Re: [patch]config.guess incorrect for VMS.

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 12:19 -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> Can someone also point me in the right direction to get the master copy
> of the config.guess file updated?  I have not been able to find a
> working link to it.
>
> In other projects, someone has been updating some of the older versions
> from *-dec-vms to *-hp-vms, but have been neglecting to add the
> "ia64-hp-vms" values.
>
> In most cases having -dec- instead of -hp- does not affect things, but
> in GTK+ this value gets put in the resulting binary as a directory name
> to look for modules in.

As I recall config.guess was traditionally been somewhat strangely
maintained; there was a canonical copy somewhere on the GNU servers
that everybody was supposed to copy into their projects.

But nowdays, most projects, including GTK+ get their copy from automake,
so I'd submit your patch there, and let them redirect you if necessary.