Re: warning about invalid tree model iterators

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 03:22:13PM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:
> disabling G_GNUC_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT globally is not what anyone of us had
> in mind i think. i agree with you that the patch should simply be backed
> out where it generates too many warnings.
>
> did you, or anyone else for that matter, investigate yet whether it'd be
> worth
> keeping the warnings for *some* of the functions?

I didn't have a really strong opinion when this first came up, but
meanwhile I made up my mind.  I think it's better to back the change out
for all functions.  Looking at the list of functions again, I don't see
any function which would benefit from complaining about unused return
values in all cases.  For all of them there are cases where the warning
makes sense and cases where the warning does not make sense.

regards,

-kris.