Re: Unloading sequence of GTK

Sorry i forgot to ask: What do you mean by "gtk assumes a fresh image"? (In which context?)

On 3/21/06, Milosz Derezynski < internalerror gmail com> wrote:

>On 3/20/06, muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:

>>Clemens Fruhwirth wrote:
>> I would like to ask how to properly unload gtk from a process image,
>> when it has been brought there via dlopen. The initial situation is that
>> I need to enter gtk's main loop in a single process image multiple
>> times, but that's not possible with gtk as gtk assumes a fresh image.
>
>I don't understand why you need to reload the library in order to enter the
>main loop more than once.  Why can't you just call gtk_main() again?

To put it even more precisely, what do you mean by saying:

> I need to enter gtk's main loop in a single process image multiple
> times, but that's not possible with gtk as gtk assumes a fresh image.

?

From the docs GTK+ API docs:

gtk_main():
[...] You can nest calls to gtk_main(). In that case gtk_main_quit() will make the innermost invocation of the main loop return.
gtk_main_quit():
Makes the innermost invocation of the main loop return when it regains control.

You either need to clarify what you are exactly up to that seems impossible to you with the current mechanics, or your question doesn't really make sense at all (and just shows a lack of knowledge of the GTK+ API and, well, GTK+ mechanics).