g_object_new(G_TYPE_OBJECT, NULL)

Everyone, is there any reason why anyone would want to instantiate actual
GObjects using g_object_new(G_TYPE_OBJECT, NULL)? As a follow-up to that
question, was there a design decision in mind when not flagging GObject
G_TYPE_FLAG_ABSTRACT to prevent this? What can one say to someone who wishes to
do this? In my opinion, it just *feels* wrong... All over the documentation,
GObject is referred to as a "base" class, but that implies abstract to me
because the intention is for everyone to created subclassed types. Am I missing
something?

Andrew Paprocki
Bloomberg LP