Re: gtk file open dialog usability.

Hi Jernej

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:45:30 +-0300 (EEST), alex halogen-dg com wrote:

Anyone except me also disappointed by it?

I am happy that people noticed that, too. The question
is what can we do to fix this?

My feeling is that at least 2 things could be done:

1. Make automatic selection of file
   optional (like its being done in KDE,
   in grey)

2. Do not display additional file open dialog when I *already* typed
   file name.

Search the archives, you're far from being the only one.

BTW, before doing this post I've tried to search for "file dialog usability GTK". To my regret mail.gnome.org mailman search is not working ("The requested URL /mailman/search was not found on this server."),so I searched google a little, did not found any good
results and posted here... Althrough this search returns more
results:
http://www.google.com.ua/search?q=gtk+file+open+usability&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Alex