Printing and blocking ui

Hi there,

I print a text document from GtkTextView here. There is a problem
with pagination: pagination is potentially slow, so some sort of progress
dialog should be shown during it. From the other hand, the text buffer
must not be modified during pagination.
How to solve it? Should I show my own modal dialog and make sure user
doesn't modify the buffer, or GtkPrintOperation can take care of it?

Actually, it would be good to ensure printing blocks the text widget too,
since in this case it wouldn't be necessary to calculate and store all the pango
layouts in begin-print. Maybe just show a modal dialog between begin-print
and end-print.

Thanks,
Yevgen