GTK Masks

I am attempting to create a single mask that would cover several items with
in the GUI. There will by 16 circles created with
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm_d, and I can currently do this, but only one item
would be 'created' in the mask, so when i apply the mask to the window, only
one of the items will be visible. I have done a lot of searching, and I have
only been able to come up with that you can xor 2 masks together somehow and
create one that contains both. Any help that anyone could shed on this would
be greatly appreciated.
Sent from the Gtk+ - Dev - General forum at Nabble.com.