Re: EggRegex

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 13:16 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 7/22/06, Marco Barisione <barisione gmail com> wrote:
> > Marco Barisione wrote:
> > > gucharmap handles this internally but I can't copy the code because, as
> > > far as I know, it's under GPL and not LGPL.
> >
> > I was wrong, it's in the library and not in the app so it's LGPLed.
> >
> > What should I do with the scripts? Obviously eggregex cannot depend of
> > libgucharmap.
>
> Having a function to get the script as an enum seems reasonable to me
> (considering that giulia seems to be way off). Not so sure about the script
> names, but it probably makes sense to have them in the same location.

Please don't add any more Unicode Character Database accessors to glib
just yet.  While giulia as a whole seems way off, Behnam and I are
actively thinking and talking about a central UCD wrapper.  For now, I
suggest just copying it internally into EggRegex.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Dan Bern, "New American Language"