Re: EggRegex

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:08 -0400, Marco Barisione wrote:
> Hi,
> GtkSourceView 2 will have a new syntax highlighting engine that will
> require a more powerful and fast regular expression library. This is why
> I worked on EggRegex (a wrapper library around PCRE) to correct bugs and
> to add new features.

Last time I checked, PCRE's didn't use Unicode Character Database to
classify characters and so is a poor choice for a highlighting engine
and definitely suboptimal in GNOME.  It's a nice and portable small
library, yes.  It's not the best regexp engine, yes.  I believe GNOME
should use the GNU regexp engine.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/