Re: composite or render support in gtk

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 15:22 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:13:20 -0300, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes wrote:
> >
> > There is any plan about wrapping composite or render in gtk?
> >

> The X Render library provides a very low-level way of drawing things
> in X. A higher-level library that builds on Render, (or other
> systems), and actually designed to be used by application authors to
> draw things is the cairo graphics library. As of GTK+ 2.8, GTK+
> provides easy access to draw with cairo via functions such as
> gdk_cairo_create.
>
> If there's something that Render allows that you're not able to do
> with cairo, then I would be interested in hearing about that.

Thanks for the information!

> As for Composite, I'm not sure what kind of wrapping you are imagining
> would be appropriate for GTK+.

I was thinking about the overlay window, but after I send the e-mail I
saw that is possible to create a GdkWindow of it with
gdk_window_foreign_new.

> -Carl

Thanks.
--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
Projeto xLupa - http://www.unioeste.br/projetos/xlupa

Yahoo! Copa 2006: cobertura dos jogos em tempo real e tudo sobre a seleção brasileira!

http://br.esportes.yahoo.com/copa2006/