Re: Failed building Mozilla Firefox on GTK with the DFB backend

karuna karan wrote:
Hello All,

step1: I successfully built GTK+2.9.1 with DirectFB-0.9.25.1 on FC3.
step2 :I am trying to build firefox1.5.0.3 with GTK+2.9.1 which was built in step1.

<snip/>

i tried to do that some times ago and i ended up considering two possible candidates to do web browsing in gtkdfb

1) WebKit [1] , based on a porting to gdk of safari from apple
2) Web [2], based on gtkhtml2 libs

Both were succesfully compiled and ran by me some times ago

cheers

attilio

[1] http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2006-July/002002.html
[2] http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/Web/