Re: Gtk+ printing dialog highlevel thoughts

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 12:36 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:

> Also, for theming, it should be possible to preview the document in a
> non-WYSIWYG mode.  I know may seem like a mis-feature to some, but for
> people with certain vision disorders, it's vital that even print
> previews be viewable using the current theme colors instead of the
> actual document colors.  For instance, in HighContrastInverse, the print
> preview should appear in while-on-black.   To do otherwise can make the
> print preview dialog unusable and/or painful for some end-users, and
> existing accessibility regulations do specify that user interface
> elements must respect system themes.

Nobody is going to render their paper output with theme colors, that
just isn't the way apps are set up (i.e. the printing output is not
coupled to the current on-screen settings). So I think it will be hard
to do it like this. Maybe we could just invert the pixmap before we
paint it in the preview or something like that.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an impetuous crooked filmmaker with acid for blood. She's a radical
out-of-work research scientist from aristocratic European stock. They fight
crime!