Re: Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingSignal changes)

Hi Mart,

VC 2003 is still not C99

it still lacks variadic macros :(

Stefan

Mart Raudsepp wrote:
Alan M. Evans wrote:

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 08:26, Roger Leigh wrote:

anyone could download the latest MS compiler from the MS website,
so I don't think there's any good reason to restrict yourselves to
this compiler's capabilities.

Only if having Visual Studio along with your compiler isn't a good
reason.

MSVS6 can be successfully configured to use the free compiler from Microsoft. It's a bigger quest, but can be done, and has been done.

Also, there are other IDE's that can work on top of MS compiler, not just MSVS (and we are talking about MS VS6 here, that isn't all that good compared to later versions, which already include a good enough compiler for C99, I bet).

Personally I use VC6 sometimes (but not for GTK+) for the reason, that I'd have to otherwise ship the runtime libraries (msvcrt71.dll, etc) with my installer, for the application to work on all Windows versions for sure.

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp