Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingS

ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN said:
> My argument, though, is that it is still too soon
> to migrate and fully allow all c99 behavior. I'm not arguing that it should
> _never_ change, just that it is too soon right now because there are obvious
> cases (not just my own.. basically anyone compiling under an old gcc, possibly
> due to a platform not supported under newer gcc versions) that would
> immediately break or be affected.

I can vouch for the need to use older versions of GCC for odd platforms.
Quite often, compilers for odd processors are based on old GCC codebases.
Some of my coworkers are *still* using a compiler that is basically GCC 2.96
because of this.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>