Re: Fwd: Re: Depending on C99 (Re: GtkBindingSignal changes)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Mike Emmel wrote:

On 1/5/06, Tim Janik <timj imendio com> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN wrote:

I disagree with this completely. We compile all of our code on Solaris/AIX with
SunPRO cc & IBM xlc without c99 extensions enabled for our own reasons.

please tell us what kind of reasons those are. considering and re-evaluating them
is exactly what this thread is for ;)

Well if issues like this are going to come up I did some investigation
on using libffi for signal dispatch and my conclusion was it would be
significantly faster then the current dispatch system.
Just food for thought.

it wouldn't, i evaluated it for emission when i wrote the
marshaller generation code for GSignal.

Mike

---
ciaoTJ