Optimization possible in g_object_set_valist?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has considered why g_object_set_valist() is passing 0
as the flags argument to G_VALUE_COLLECT() when calling object_set_property().
By not passing G_VALUE_NOCOPY_CONTENTS, a string value will be dup'd first.
Since the GValue is passed to the function and then unset immediately following
the object_set_property() call, it seems as if a copy is not required, as the
user code executed in object_set_property() would g_value_dup_string() if
necessary.

I'm going to experiment with this locally, but are there any historical reasons
for wanting to copy the GValue before calling object_set_property()?

Thanks,

Andrew Paprocki
Bloomberg LP