Re: Why do a gtk/directfb process grows bigger and bigger ?

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> so, i guess this patch only tackles the issue but does not properly.

 Attilio, did you notice the following block near the end of
 _gdk_windowing_window_destroy which your patch touches:
#if 0 /* let the finalizer kill it */
  if (!recursing && !foreign_destroy)
    {
                if (impl->window)
                impl->window->Destroy (impl->window);
                impl->window = NULL;
        }
#endif

 There's no other call to Destroy() in this file, so perhaps the
 Destroy() call is never made.  Could you try without the #if 0 instead
 of your patch?

 Also, did you valgrind your test case?  It should immediately point at
 the place where memory is leaked from I suppose.

   Thanks,
PS: I'm subscribed to the list
--
Loïc Minier <lool dooz org>
 "Forget your stupid theme park! I'm gonna make my own! With hookers!