Re: Pluggable widget types and implementations

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 14:36 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

I don't have any specific examples. I just thought using a factory was a
more flexible approach - better than adding XXX_appoint_type() functions
for each widget.

Would there be anything wrong with using the regular way of referring
to stock types in the same way we refer to stock icons/stock images
(and potentially stock cursors) ?

i.e.
gtk_stock_appoint_type ("file-chooser",
                        MYLIB_TYPE_SEXY_FILECHOOSER);

this is simply not possible without introducing a seperate widget type
naming system which we aren't planning to do (e.g. because it'd be redundant
to the type names). it can also not be automated because type names are not
known before the first use of the corresponding _get_type function.

Cheers,
                  -Tristan

---
ciaoTJ