Re: GTK+ canvas?

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 15:52 +0200, W. Borgert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, if this is an FAQ, my checks didn't reveal anything:
> AFAIK, GTK+ does not have a standard canvas widget. GNOME
> does have a canvas widget, but it seems to be not very
> popular. And having it in the GNOME libraries is not useful
> for programs that should run on multiple platforms (win32).

Despite its name, GnomeCanvas does not require GNOME libraries; in fact,
it has been successfully used (directly, or through bindings) on other
platforms, like win32.

There has been an effort (as part of Project Ridley) on creating a new
canvas widget using Cairo; at least two canvases have been written that
I recall: Goocanvas (which has had Python bindings recently added) and
CCC - probably I am forgetting some other project.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com