Re: transient windows on win32

Sorry for not following up on this earlier. I had marked your message
for later follow-up, but then never got around to... and then noticed
it only now when switching to October's mail folder.

Charles Reilly writes:
 > The trivial problem was that gdk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint set the
 > window owner.  This overwrote the window owner set by
 > gdk_window_set_transient_for.  (I guess this was deliberate, since
 > transients didn't work anyway?)

Hmm. I don't remember exactly. Might have been just an oversight, or
maybe the use cases I knew of didn't have windows for which both
_set_transient_for() and _set_skip_taskbar_hint() were called.

 > Any comments would be most welcome.

You seem to have looked into the problem thoroughly, your patch looks
quite clean (except the C++-style comments), so I do think it has a
good chance of being in GTK+ 2.8.5. I will need to think and test a
bit more, though.

--tml