Stylus mode

Hi,

Recently I've been doing some investigation and hacking on a stylus-mode
for GTK+.  A summary of my thoughts so far is in the wiki at
http://live.gnome.org/GtkStylusMode, and so far there are three relevant
bugs:

#135666: Add style property to disable prelight
#315112: Add XSetting to disable tooltips
#315645: Support hold-as-right-click

Disabling prelight is required as a stylus often jumps from widget to
widget, so from the user's PoV the last used widget would be a different
colour.

Tooltips need to be disabled for the same reason: otherwise the tooltip
for the last button pressed would appear for no reason, and it's
impossible to show the tooltips with a stylus.

Hold-as-right-click is implemented with an improved version of
libgtkstyus from the GPE project, which is a GTK+ module that hooks into
the event processing to handle stationary holds and turns them into
right clicks.  Owen has reservations with this approach so I'd
appreciate as many people as possible test this.

There are other features which need to be implemented: I'm currently
working on drag-to-select in GtkTreeView and Tommi tells me that he had
to patch the menu handling to handle a stylus properly on the 770.

Basically, this mail is a heads-up to anyone interested.  Any comments,
suggestions, advise, and more importantly extra patches would be greatly
appreciated.  I'll be working on this for a while and would love to see
at least portions of the work land in GTK+ HEAD.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./