Re: GtkAssistant API thoughts

Damon Chaplin wrote:
[...]
I think by combining the "forward" function, the page types and the "complete"
information, we can do a very good job with flow control. E.g if all pages
following the current page are already marked complete (because they only
contain optional fields), we can show a "finish" button (if the sequence of
following pages ends in a page of type "confirm", we would show a "last" button
instead, which would jump to the confirm page).

Have you thought through how it works in a GUI builder?

The "user-specified function" thing looks problematic. Signals work
better with a GUI builder (especially when a code editor is available -
you just click on the '...' button beside the signal and add the code).

Motion seconded,
    it could easily have a RUN_LAST default method in place that
simply changes the page & a boolean "handled" accumulator to ensure
that only one handler turns the page.

Maybe I'm missing something, is there a reason why we'd want to
enforce that the user supply a "forward" / "backward" handler ?

Cheers,
                            -Tristan