Re: May gdk_pixmap_ref assert when GDK_IS_PIXMAP is true?

Clemens Eisserer wrote:

Hi there,

First of all sorry for cross-posting this to the gtk-list and
gtk-devel-list, I accedentially posted this first to gtk-list and
realized that this was not the appropriate place to ask such
questions.
I hope I don't bother anybody with the extra traffic *sorry*

I am currently hacing problems with running some GTK based code on my
Nokia770 (based on the maemo platform) which works perfektly on x86,
but fails on nokias customized ARM build. I tried already to get some
informations on their lists but it seems core-devs are there :-(

The following piece of code is causing the troubles:
g_assert(pixmap != NULL);
g_assert(GDK_IS_PIXMAP(pixmap));
gdk_pixmap_ref (pixmap);  <--------> fails here

it fails with:
GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

The thing I wonder about is if it does not assert at GDK_IS_PIXMAP,
why does the gdk_pixmap_ref say its not a gobject?
May this happen or could this be a bug in Nokia's GTK build?

Thanks in advance, lg Clemens