Re: GtkNotebook signals

Le mardi 22 novembre 2005 �5:20 -0500, ANDREW PAPROCKI, BLOOMBERG/ 731
LEXIN a �it :
> Can someone fill me in if there is proper documentation for the signals on
> GtkNotebook? Specifically, these:
>
> "change-current-page"
> "focus-tab"
> "select-page"
> "switch-page"
>
> If an application wishes to prevent the notebook from switching pages if some
> type of validation fails on the current existing page, is "select-page" the
> proper signal to use with a return of FALSE?

I had this problem with GChemPaint a long time ago. To solve it, I use
the "expose-event" signal for the child widget. When this signal is
fired, I check the state of the current active page, and if the
validation fails, I use gtk_notebook_set_current_page to set the active
page.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gchempaint/gchempaint/src/standaloneapp.cc
the code is in :
gcpStandaloneApp::SetActive (gcpDocument* pDoc, GtkWidget* w) (line 963
or so).

This code is somewhat old now, so I can't remember why I could not use
the GtkNotebook signals... so there might beis a better solution ;-)