----- Original Message -----
From: Nickolay V. Shmyrev  <nshmyrev yandex ru>
At: 11/20  8:26

Hi Andrew

Since this code is badly documented, you might want to look at annotated
CVS history on cvs.gnome.org

Here is the change you are interested in:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/gtk/gtkcontainer.c?r1=1.31&r2=1.32

And comment to it:

>  * gtk/gtkcontainer.c:
>         (gtk_container_real_check_resize): only requeue ourselves if we are
not
>         a resize container.
>         (gtk_container_clear_resize_widgets): care for automatic deletion of
our
>         resize_widgets list on size_allocate through a handler connection.

So it's an optimization. Not sure if it have sense still, it look _very_
old. But I suspect at least check_resize signal should be documented.