Re: Proposal for 2.8: Glog

Dnia 04-05-2005, śro o godzinie 01:26 +0300, Tor Lillqvist napisał:
> > Installing custom handler should give you that, at least partially.
>
> > It has most of those parts, and you can supply your own format string.
>
> > Install custom log handler.
>
> Hmm, but my point was that the functionality I mentioned would be
> useful enough so that it should be present (but optional) all the
> time, without having to install custom handlers.

Well, standard mode of operation is to redirect everything to stderr,
and you can't really change it without custom handler, since you'd like
it to output into, well, custom location :). That goes for separate
files as well as redirecting to syslog().

> (With custom handlers for the current g_log() anything can already be
> done...)

Yes, Glog follows the same design logic -- there is default location,
and if you want something else, install your own handler. I guess we
could provide some standard extra handlers out of the box, you'd need to
give detailed requirements for them, so someone can code it.

> > About % expansion, I think it'd need some hacking on (some are
> > already there) custom printf() specifiers, this is however
> > glibc-specific.
>
> Nah, too complex, just scan the filename string manually and expand
> those sequences you handle?

Seems like I misread you. Disregard that part :)

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>