Re: Proposal for 2.8: Glog

> Installing custom handler should give you that, at least partially.

> It has most of those parts, and you can supply your own format string.

> Install custom log handler.

Hmm, but my point was that the functionality I mentioned would be
useful enough so that it should be present (but optional) all the
time, without having to install custom handlers.

(With custom handlers for the current g_log() anything can already be
done...)

> About % expansion, I think it'd need some hacking on (some are
> already there) custom printf() specifiers, this is however
> glibc-specific.

Nah, too complex, just scan the filename string manually and expand
those sequences you handle?

--tml