Re: library dependency reduction (gtkhtml)

Sorry for my late reply but I missed the previous mail.

> > > Well I found out that the components part is for html-editing. It says
> > > actually html-editor in the components dir. As I did not need this
> > > functionality at all, as I was looking into rendering html I removed
> > > this part. So indeed my statement is not entirely correct. So my hack
> > > only applies to rendering, and you are very correct to point this out.
> > > However my point stands for other parts of the library (src, art, a11y).
> > > Declare the one small _() macro and a lot of deps disappear. I believe
> > > this is useful for reducing installed size and memory usage across
> > > several libraries.
> >
> > Are you just pulling in that definition for glib?
>
> err, "from glib"

Originally it was in gnome-i18n.h

I now use the following in a seperate include file:

#ifndef __SLICE_INTL_H__
#define __SLICE_INTL_H__

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include "config.h"
#endif /* HAVE_CONFIG_H */

#ifdef ENABLE_NLS
#include <libintl.h>
#define _(String) gettext(String)
#ifdef gettext_noop
#define N_(String) gettext_noop(String)
#else
#define N_(String) (String)
#endif
#else /* NLS is disabled */
#define _(String) (String)
#define N_(String) (String)
#define textdomain(String) (String)
#define gettext(String) (String)
#define dgettext(Domain,String) (String)
#define dcgettext(Domain,String,Type) (String)
#define bindtextdomain(Domain,Directory) (Domain)
#define bind_textdomain_codeset(Domain,Codeset) (Codeset)
#endif /* ENABLE_NLS */

#endif /* __SLICE_INTL_H__ */

So to answer your question I do not pull it in from glib.

regards,

Philippe

| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed
| format.(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)
| http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.