Re: Drop WM_ERASEBKGND handling in gdkevents-win32.c?

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:53 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> It was suggested to me on IRC that it is unnecessary (thanks!), and it
> indeed seems so.
>
> But anyway, before I zap it, a request to fellow gtk/win32 hackers:
> Please verify. Comment out the WM_ERASEBKGND case in gdkevents-win32.c:
> gdk_event_translate().
>
> (Please test in the gtk-2-6 branch, as the HEAD branch is somwewhat in
> a flux currently with the cairo work going on, and I get odd window
> update bugs occasionally with it anyway regardless of whether
> WM_ERASEBKGND is handled or not.)

You certainly can't do that on windows that don't have have expose
events in their event mask, since they'll never get repainted.

I don't think you can do it on other windows either, since GDK doesn't
have sufficient knowledge to know whether drawing to a window will
be double buffered or not.