Re: Compilation speed on Windows (was: Re: GTK+ for Windows MSVCRT dependency?)

Robert Ögren writes:
 > The deal with /usr/bin/install is a minor thing, but it seems that
 > Windows refreshes the start menu etc. each time a program named "install"
 > or "setup" finishes executing,

Sorry, but I don't think I ever observed that with Cygwin's install on
my old Win2k box, and definitely not with MSYS's install.exe on my
current XP box. (Can there be something special on your machine that
makes Windows think it should be clever when somebody runs a program
called "install.exe"? Is this as a normal user, or Administrator?)

--tml