Re: [directfb-dev] Rebuilding directfb gdk/gtk

Hi Mike,
I basically wanted to make some experience with rebuilding.
my goal would be helping out attilio and the debian installer team
to speed up the development of the graphical frontend.
Most of the time I spent so far with directfb has been trying
(unsuccessfully) different versions of different libs; seems
like the way to go is using the latest snapshots from CVS.
Tonight I restarted from scratch: let's see if I arrive anywhere.

> pangocairo is in the latest pango CVS.  Its as the name suggest pango
> using the cairo backend.  I'm working on the port I've had to back off
> till after I finish a demo for java one which is only a few more weeks
> then I'll be back on the port I promise :)

I just recompiled glib, atk, pango and I'm currently configuring gtk+
looks like cairo support has not been enabled: damn.
On another machine (i cannot use now) it worked...
once I get to the point where I can compile gtk+, I'll start pulling in
directfb stuff (which I already tried to compiled in the past days)

do you have any suggestions. I feel like I have many sparse pieces
and I'm sure I'm not too far from getting there...

thanx

Davide