GtkTreeModel doesn't emit rows-reordered

Hi everyone,

I have a GtkTreeView and I set it to have reorderable rows so that
users can drag and drop rows to reorder the underlying tree model, but
the "rows-reordered" signal never gets emitted when I rearrange the
rows with drag and drop.

I've googled for this and it seems a few other people have experienced
the same problem. This post seems to indicate that GtkTreeModel was
designed *not* to emit "rows-reordered" for drag and drop:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-September/msg00197.html

Is there a reason why the signal isn't emitted? It would handy to have
because I need to know when my GtkTreeModel changes so that I can
write the new arrangement to a file.

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy