Re: Introspection

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:03 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> We should probably not cover all irregularities of C apis (varargs come
> to mind).

It would be good to at least mention these irregular cases in the
metadata even if they aren't fully described, so that if you're
automatically generating bindings, the generator can print out warnings
telling you that you need to wrap those methods by hand.

> * type information for parameters and return value

Lots of methods use "GtkWidget *" as a parameter or return type when the
actual type required/returned is something more specific. The metadata
should indicate that.

> Boxed types
> * fields
>   - type
>   - struct offset

Some object types have public fields as well. As with properties, it
would be useful to have explicit links between object/boxed fields and
their accessor methods.

-- Dan