Re: Introspection

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 12:40 -0500, muppet wrote:
> Matthias Clasen said:
> [a lot of good stuff]
>
> A few things jump to mind:
>
> How will this metadata be created in the first place?  Header scanning,
> hand-created listings, etc?  How will the out-of-band data be added?

I think it would be good to go for a two-step approach here. Create the
binary metadata from xml metadata. The xml metadata can either be
handwritten, or created by header scanning, possibly supported by
comments and overrides.

> Can we get type specifications for G_TYPE_POINTER properties and signal
> arguments or should those simply be fixed upstream?

I think this has to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

> Any ballpark idea of what kind of memory usage this will entail?

No. But if we keep the binary metadata readonly, it should be shared
between apps using the same library, right ?

Matthias