Re: GTK+ 2.6.1 released

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 01:41 -0500, Archit Baweja wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ok this is more of a personal 'itch'. But it would be really nice to
> mention that there is Ruby and Ruby bindings for Gtk+ and friends for
> RAD (with good English Documentation).
>
> As you would have probably guessed, I use ruby too. And I just feel that
> giving some attention to ruby, since its becoming popular too, would be
> nice. I always find announcements for core Gtk+ and Gnome libraries
> mentioning python bindings and not ruby bindings.

Really, the question is coming up with a couple of paragraphs to
describe succinctly what GTK+ is and why you might care about it.
The reason that Perl and Python are mentioned is that they
are a couple of well known languages that provide a good contrast
to C and let people know that GTK+ isn't just about C.

We can't mention all the 31 or more languages that have bindings for
GTK+. I don't think we should omit mentioning a few languages for fear
that we'll offend someone who was left out.