Re: encoding of type_name for e.g. g_register_type_static()

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:25 +0100, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Hi Owen,
>
> that is a fair penality ;)
>
> The question is where to put it.
> 1.) a new para in the longs desc.
> 2.) as part of the params docs repeated for
> g_type_register_{dynamic|fundamental|static}
>
> Apart the same applies to g_param_specs and signal names.

Doesn't really matter. Long description sounds better to me,
and maybe a quick reference from the param docs. "The name must
follow the GLib rules for type names", or whatever.

> The brings the old idea of integrating the gobject tutorial into the gobject
> docs ...
> If the glib maintainers agree, I apply for a gnome cvs account and prepare that.
> IMHO that would provide the most benefit to the docs.

In general, I think it's a good idea. I think we should just have
one Docbook file for each library with all the tutorial and reference
material right together. That's how we're planning on doing the Cairo
docs.

It looks like Matthieu relicensed the GObject tutorial under the
same terms as we using for the GTK+ docs so there's not problem
there. (Though GTK+ doc license situation is not entirely clear /
satisfactory.)

So it should just be a question of getting an OK from Tim. If he
OK's that, I'd be happy to sponsor you for a GNOME CVS account
to work on it.