Re: g_object_ref_sink and GUnowned

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 17:49 +0100, Tim Janik wrote:
>    GUnowned derives from GObject, has intiially a floating ref_count.

I hate to quibble names, but it seems really strange to have a
class GUnowned where instances are normally owned. (In fact, the
goal of anybody using a GUnowned has to be to get someone to own it.)

 GInitiallyUnowned

Is long, but since it doesn't have any methods, that shouldn't matter.
I don't fully understand the point of having a class rather than
some other way of marking class behavior, but I haven't followed
the conversation in detail.