Re: Why no g_string_append_vprintf() ?
- From: "Alan M. Evans" <ame1 extratech com>
- To: Paul LeoNerd Evans <leonerd leonerd org uk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Why no g_string_append_vprintf() ?
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:01:59 -0800
On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 14:58, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:28:50AM -0800, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=164446
> > A patch was already submitted in January. Still UNCONFIRMED.
> Yes, I've had a look at that patch. It's not very efficient; it
> allocates a new string buffer big enough to hold the string, then fills
> it, then strdup()s it into the GString, then frees the first buffer.
> That's unnecessary.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. My point was not that there was already a
patch, but that it was almost a year old and not yet triaged. Sort of an
indication of the level of interest among the core developers...
] [Thread Prev