Why no g_string_append_vprintf() ?

GLib defines a function to append data in a GString using a printf-like
call,

  void g_string_append_printf(GString *str, const gchar *fmt, ...);

Is there any reason why a va_list-version isn't provided as well for
this? Without that, it is impossible to further wrap va-list or
...-style functions which would call this one.

If there is no overriding reason why not, I'd like to start my patches
with one that exports this.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd leonerd org uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/