Re: A cross-platform status icon api

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 15:20 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> No, gnome-panels are always sticky. Lets rephrase the problem in
> more general terms:
>
> What happens to the notification bubble if the system tray becomes
> unviewable ?

Hmmm, so if a notification falls in the woods and no one is around to
hear it, does it make a sound?

I guess you would just show it somewhere, right?  The place could be
arbitrarily chosen since it'd be really hard to pick a location we know
nothing about.  I'd say lower right corner, only because that's probably
what windows would do, but I don't think it will matter too much in this
instance.

Cheers,
~ Bryan