Re: A cross-platform status icon api

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 15:34 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Did you see that EggTray already has API for sending notifications from
> the tray icon to the tray, with gtk_status_icon_set_balloon_text() ?

Yeah...I just based it on EggTrayIcon because for historical reasons
Rhythmbox wasn't using EggStatusIcon (it didn't exist); it would make
sense to switch now.  I also wanted a more complex API than
_set_balloon_text, such as being able to set handlers when the
notification is clicked, and having a timeout, etc.

Also of course gtk_status_icon_set_balloon_text() is not implemented :)

I do agree that EggStatusIcon should be the starting point for moving
this functionality into GTK+.